Sometimes, I get the amazing pleasure of helping an au pair find the perfect family… twice!
Meet Linnea! She is a sweet, bubbly, positive young lady that is so excited to extend for an additional year in the United States. Her current host family is sad to see her go (as am I!) and they have shared so many positive stories about her love and care of the two girls, that it is hard to not fall in love with her!
She is punctual, organized, always eager to welcome the newer girls in the group, has a love for travel, and most of all, she truly embraces this cultural exchange experience! If you are interested in Linnea, please fill out the pink “contact me box” to the right and I am happy to put you in touch with her!
Here is her brief recap of how she spent her first year with her current family in her own words:
- This year has been amazing, the two girls I am taking care of are 8 and 10 years old. over the summer break we have done a lot of crafting, outdoor activities like swimming, biking, made up games and also field trips. I am with them from the morning when we eating breakfast, do activities and come back home for making lunch, and taking them to there practices. I also make dinner sometimes during the week. They are really self dependent and that is also something I am helping them to become. We have a lot of fun everyday, we do things together and we all enjoy each other. Of course we have days where we struggle, but we always solve things with talking and loving each other. Being an au pair for me has been the best thing in my life so far. I have met friends and family I will always have in my life.
- Me and my host kids really enjoy reading so we often visit the library. Under the summer break we have done 2-3 field trip each week Like going to a park/play ground having some picnics, museums, play dates with the kids friends, playing mini golf, swming in the pool etc. At home we do all sort of craft that we help doing together, panting, board games, baking and a lot of made up games.
- On my free time I like going to the gym, running out side, reading books, watching movies, hiking or going to a lake. I enjoy traveling and spending time with my friends and meeting new people. Most of my friends have the same hobbies as me so we often go to the gym or just meet for a coffee. My boyfriend is in the military and is now living in Kentucky. I like spending time with him. We both have the same hobbies like going to museum, working out/hiking, meeting up with friends for lunch/dinner and traveling.
Her Host Family had the following little passage to say about their year with her:
- She is very sweet and responsible. She ensures that our kids are safe. She is positive, flexible, and eager to help. She is a part of our family and we have loved having her for the year!
- They enjoy doing crafts together and listening to music.
- That she is very caring.
If you would like to see her full profile, please let me know! I truly love this girl, and I can’t wait to see her be enjoy her year with a new amazing family!
Thanks for reading! xo, pooja
Monday, 25 September 2017 4:16 PM